United Property Management is one of South Florida’s largest privately held management firms, managing over 9,000 apartments units. We strive to provide affordable luxury housing to meet the needs of South Florida’s growing population. UPM is one of the most reputable management firms in all of South Florida. In 1962, architect, developer and entrepreneur, José Milton made Miami, Florida his home. After several successful projects, he founded United Property Management in 1976. Today, United Property Management owns, manages and maintains rental communities throughout South Florida. The UPM family is proud of its contributions to South Florida’s housing and continues to strive for excellence by “Paying Attention to Every Detail.”
Our team members are an essential part of the success of our company. Joining our team is more than a job, it’s about making a difference in people’s lives, celebrating accomplishments and building a rewarding career! We are looking for candidates that take pride in their work and thrive as part of a team. We are a fast growing Property Management Company with ample opportunity for growth.
Community Managers are responsible for overseeing all day-to-day operations of the community. Their primary objective is to increase the net operating income of the community. Community Manager is the link between the property owner and the residents who rent the apartments. Some of the duties of this role include handling lease negotiations and renewals, and supervising the maintenance crew and other on-site employees. Community Managers may also negotiate contracts for maintenance and grounds keeping services, and periodically report the status of the property to the owner. Community Manager must exhibit passion for excellent customer service and ensure that the Leasing Team properly addresses every resident and visitor. Community Manager must practice effective leadership skills to create a community atmosphere and must be highly motivated, possess strong interpersonal skills, computer skills, and have some knowledge of building maintenance. Community Manager should establish a positive and productive working relationship with all community team members. Community Manager is responsible for planning and executing leasing activities in an effort to secure occupancy.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain monthly rent collection, evictions, and all other transaction records.
- Qualify each applicant’s eligibility according to company and government standards.
- Enforce lease agreement, building rules and regulations.
- Negotiate leases and renewals.
- Oversee Maintenance Team performance.
- Team management and development with ongoing training, coaching and guidance.
- Monitor Leasing Team’s performance and motivate team to achieve monthly quotas.
- Monitor and report community vacancy levels and market trends to ensure competitive pricing.
- Assist prospective residents with showing of community.
- Oversee internal lease review process.
- Work hand in hand with Marketing Department to develop and maintain updated leasing program for community.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- 5 or more years of experience in Leasing/ Multifamily Industry
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, excel, Outlook)
- Must have Multifamily Software experience, Yardi experience is preferred
- Strong Social Media and Marketing background
United Property Management offers competitive pay, apartment rental discount and benefit packages (medical, dental, vision and paid time off). United Property Management promotes continuing education for its employees through means of various professional training programs and seminars. Team members receive the support needed for career development and advancement.