United Property Management is one of South Florida’s largest privately held management firms, managing over 9,000 apartments units. Our team members are an essential part in the success of our company, therefore joining our team is more than a job, and it is about making a difference in people’s lives, celebrating accomplishments and building a great career! We are a fast growing Management company that provides opportunity for growth within the success and development of our company all exhibiting “Safety, Courtesy, Integrity and Efficiency.” The UPM family is proud of its contributions to South Florida’s housing and continues to strive for excellence by “Paying Attention To Every Detail.”
Maintenance Managers perform hands-on maintenance at designated communities. Their main duties are to perform the overall inspection of units, any necessary repairs, service or other general maintenance for the interior and exterior of the buildings in accordance to company policies and procedures. The maintenance Manager supervises and trains workers in all of the maintenance trades, and executes as well as ensures completion of maintenance work orders to the level of quality and efficiency needed to support the business goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Supervise, train and perform hands-on maintenance at designated communities.
- Responsible for handling all maintenance and repairs on all building systems and appliances.
- Schedule and assign Preventive Maintenance and repair tasks, and resident Service Requests.
- Manage turn process to prepare apartment units for new residents, including scheduling and training team members and service providers, and inspecting finished work to ensure compliance with company standards.
- Ensure the appropriate and safe use of all types of tools and equipment by service team members and contractors.
- Conduct interviews of candidates for Service Agent positions, and make hiring and other determinations regarding site service personnel.
- Ensure safe work practices are followed for all trades.
- Manage service team members and contractors who troubleshoot, repair, or replace HVAC equipment and controls.
- Install, repair, and replace all plumbing fixtures, piping, and systems.
- Troubleshoot, replace, and install new electrical fixtures, switches, breakers, and receptacle.
- Prepare and finish all interior and exterior surfaces.
- Move, install, repair, and replace all household appliances.
- Install, repair, and replace drywall, counters, and cabinetry.
- Must communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to residents, Community Managers and team members and provide outstanding customer service.
- High school education or equivalent experience.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- 5 – 6 years of related experience, 2 – 4 years supervisory experience.
- Advanced level understanding and experience in all maintenance trades and maintenance strategies, and expert level understanding in two: HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Painting, Appliance Repair, Carpentry, Landscaping, or Pool Operation.
- Skills and certifications or HVAC, Plumbing, or Electrical specialties, state license.
- Ability to climb and descend a ladder.
- Ability to utilize a variety of tools to perform maintenance.
- Indoor/outdoor environment.
- On-call 24 hours per day, based on site specific requirements.
*Must adhere to company no cell phone/texting policy when traveling by car.
United Property Management offers competitive pay, apartment rental discount and benefit packages (medical, dental, vision and paid time off). United Property Management promotes continuing education for its employees through means of various professional training programs and seminars. Team members receive the support needed for career development and advancement.